Business Objects (from SAP) BI 4.4 is due to be released in Q1 2022 according to inside sources at SAP.
The next major release of SAP BO is expected to contain a number of major functional enhancements and improvements.
Key new features are expected to be increased analytics and visualations and improved user interface.
SAP Business Objects BI 4.3 beta was relased in Q4 2019.
The new version has met a cautious reception was key users and Business Intelligence Sofware industry watchers.
SAP Business Objects BI 4.4 was relased in June 2020 was welcomed by key users and Business Intelligence Sofware industry experts.
Previous SAP Business Objects Versions can be found here.
The Advantanges and Disadvantages of SAP BO can be summarsed as:
Advantages of SAP BO
- Ingest data from multiple areas of the business and use them to generate easy to understand reports.
- Report scheduling is simple and efficient allowing the team to run reports at a variety of different times to suit the stakeholder’s needs.
- The metalayer takes away some of the complexities of other programs, allowing the end user to interact with the program in a clean and efficient way.
Disadvantages of SAP BO
- Users have indicated challenges inking up with data in web portals. resulting in additional, unplanned development time,
- Older versions had functions which have now been removed, or replaced with less effecient functions. For example the HTML output option.
SAP BO is a leading edge Business Intelligence tool for large and mid size organisatiosn that probably already use SAP as their main ERP solution.