SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence 4.2 Service Pack 05 is due to be released at the end of 2o17.
SAP BusinessObjects BI (also known as BO or BOBJ) is a suite of front-end applications that allow business users to view, sort and analyze business intelligence data. The suite includes the following key applications:
- Crystal Reports — Enables users to design and generate reports
- Xcelsius/Dashboards — Allows users to create interactive dashboards that contain charts and graphs for visualising data
- Web Intelligence — Provides a self-service environment for creating ad hoc queries and analysis of data both online and offline
- Explorer — Allows users to search through BI data sources using a GUI interface. Users do not have to create queries to search the data and results are shown with a chart that indicates the best information match.
This version is expected to offer a number of innovations to users and the key focus of this release is around
- Enterprise – scalability, multiple users
- Smart pillar – not just look at preformatted reports, integrating with simple predictive capabilities
- Big data – HANA Vora
- Cloud – investing in “all in data” in the cloud
- Hana integration with Hadoop