The main uses of Business Intelligence Data Tools are to interrogate, analyse and ultimately visualize the data stored in data warehouses, data marts and data lakes.
Other uses of Business Intelligence Data Tools could be to undertake:
- Data cleansing
- Data quality assessments
- Data governance and stewardship
- Data aggregation
- Data Extract, Transform and Load
- Data quality management
- Data mining
- Online analytical processing (OLAP)
- Predictive analytics
- Semantic and text analytics
- Report writers
Some of the market leading Business Intelligence Data Tools are:
- MS SQL 2016 – SSIS & Microsoft Power BI ★★★★
- Tableau ★★★★★
- Domo ★★★
- Qlik ★★★
- Tibco ★★★
Some of these Business Intelligence Data Tools lend themselves well to self service BI.
Better decision-making starts with better data. Business Intelligence Data Tools help clean up “dirty data,” organise information by providing format and structure and prepare databases for analysis.
Business Intelligence Data Tools can enable organisation to :
- Processing requests quickly, intelligently, and efficiently
- Allowing operational employees and customers access to powerful – but intuitive – interactive reports and dashboards
- Enabling employees to respond faster and more efficiently to changing conditions affecting your organization
- Allowing developers, analysts and power users the ability to customize their own dashboards and apps based on their specific needs
- Making your greatest asset – information – part of your organization’s natural culture
- Transforming raw data into intuitive, illustrative enterprise reports and charts quickly and easily
- Enhancing reporting systems by incorporating transactional forms, as well as data maintenance and update capabilities
The right tool can help turn your business into a gegevens-driven enterprise with interactive and mobile MET dashboards that empower the decision makers in your organisation.
Since the introduction of Big Data, the use of Business Intelligence tools has matured even though BI tools have a long history, but as of today, SAP, Orakel, and IBM have the lions share in the Business Intelligence software market