Microsoft PowerPivot BI is an Excel add-on that can import and analyze data from Access and other data sources.
PowerPivot is a powerful data mashup and data exploration tool based on xVelocity in-memory technologies providing unmatched analytical performance to process billions of rows of data.
Powerpivot allows you to:
- Work with over a million rows of data
- Integrate reusable data from different sources
The add-in is available in Microsoft Office Professional Plus. It’s built-into Excel 2013 but is not enabled. Here’s how you enable PowerPivot before you use it for the first time.
- Go to File > Options > Add-Ins.
- In the Manage box, click COM Add-ins> Go.
- Check the Microsoft Office PowerPivot for Excel 2013 box, and then click OK. If you have other versions of the PowerPivot add-in installed, those versions are also listed in the COM Add-ins list. Be sure to select the PowerPivot add-in for Excel 2013.